When I first launched this site I stated that At Eternity’s Gate would hopefully be finished in September, or possibly beyond. Well we are definitely in the beyond camp now. It’s not that I haven’t written the book, I most certainly have. I just haven’t written the best version of it that can exist. This is partly due to some life changes, as the summer has been full of new things for me, including but not limited to:
- Nausea inducing bouts of existential ponderings.
- Moving away from somewhere I’ve lived a long time.
- Not having a job (which was planned, except for the crippling anxiety).
- Adapting to life with cats. Very evil animals indeed.
- Asphyxiating levels of self doubt and dense waves of depression.
It’s been hard to reflect properly and admit that I haven’t been who I used to be and who I aspire to become. By no means am I unfamiliar to this process. Read More…